Andrew

Andrew
Photo Courtesy of Scott Kirk Photography

Friday, August 27, 2010

BOOK REPORT #1--A FINAL THOUGHT

       Okay, I can't quite leave What To Do on the Worst Day of Your Life yet.  When Andrew died, I never once questioned whether he was in Heaven with our Heavenly Father.  Andrew is in Heaven. The definition of Heaven is " with God."  Andrew is with God.  So when my friend Brian Zahnd--yes, he is my friend now...and my brother in Christ--wrote about Hell, his words seared into my brain.

"God has an intense anger toward evil.  In part, hell can be understood as God's eternal wrath toward irredeemable evil.  That is why hell was created.  Hell is not God's intention for human beings.  Jesus speaks of hell being created for the devil and his angels.  Nevertheless, humans can give themselves so completely over to wickedness that there is no place left for them but the hell created for the devil and his angels."

      Hell is a place without God.  It is place for Satan and his angels.  Even though, on somedays, I feel that I have fallen into the pit of hell, I know God loves me and will always lend a hand when I feel like I've fallen and I can't get out.  The term "irredeemable evil" really stands out to me.  Think about the song lyrics "I know my redeemer lives."  Jesus has redeemed me from my sins.  He can redeem anyone who asks.  Just ask.

~Andrew's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment