Andrew

Andrew
Photo Courtesy of Scott Kirk Photography

Monday, March 14, 2011

LIVING IN THE END TIMES

So many of my FB friends have posted the following thought:

Sept 11th (NY) Jan 11th (Haiti) and March 11th (Japan)....     
Then Jesus said to his disciples : "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven. Jesus says, 'for behold I come quickly,'"  Luke 21:10-11[so... ask yourself, are we ready?]

The natural disasters of late have brought this thought to mind, but I want to remind everyone there is still another sign that we are living in the end times.

2 Timothy 3:1-5
1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

It's how we treat each other that also tells us we are living in the end times, not just the natural disasters.  Can you remember a time when people have been so disrespectful to each other?  Even our thoughts or personal beliefs are targeted, just because they may not match yours.  Many of the children I see in public treat their parents terribly.  They do act ungrateful.  Look through the traits listed throughout these verses.  This is how I know we really are living in the end times. 

I felt like my world ended on June 7th; however, I need to remind myself one more time that Andrew took his life, not mine.  Therefore, I will try to live a life that does not mirror the "terrible times in the last days."

~Andrew's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment