Andrew

Andrew
Photo Courtesy of Scott Kirk Photography

Saturday, April 16, 2011

AMAZING GRACE

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

Bill and I spent the afternoon saying good-bye to another dear soul.  It was a lovely, traditional good-bye to a dear woman who had graced this earth for 90 years.  A friend sang "Amazing Grace" and as I listened to the words of this song, I thought, "Grace really is amazing."

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

My life these past ten months has been full of toils and snares.  The exhaustion of grief takes a toil, blame is a snare that can pull you under, and both exhaustion and blame can bring dangers that one cannot imagine.  However, God's grace really has brought me safely through a year I would not wish for anyone.  And it is my belief that one day, God's grace will lead me home.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

Parents of my childhood friends have been experiencing their flesh and hearts failing lately.  Their mortal lives have ceased.  Yet however sad it is for the family, we must believe that they have found joy and peace.  We must.

When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we've first begun.

The circle of life is one of the easiest things to explain, yet one of the hardest things to understand.  We know there is a time to be born and a time to die, but we never want people who we love to leave us.  And if they do leave us, we don't want them to leave us too soon.  If they do, we want to know why?  When there are no answers as to why, we must remember that God's grace will help us to go on.

Amazing Grace--Grace that is Amazing

~Andrew's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment