Andrew

Andrew
Photo Courtesy of Scott Kirk Photography

Sunday, December 19, 2010

OUR 2010 CHRISTMAS CARD

      During this week I will mail the last of this year's family Christmas card.  It is the first card since 1994 that Andrew hasn't been a part of it.  I almost didn't do a card, but I went back to the statement that has ruled my life this fall--what is your new "normal"?  My new normal, as I have been reminded as our family moves on, is a life and now, a Christmas card photo without Andrew. 
      Honestly, most of the time I still can't believe he is gone.  As we put the bathroom back together after its recent facelift, I finally cleaned out his side of the medicine cabinet.  I finally tossed his body wash from the shower.  But still I feel his presence so much I think I can reach out and hug him.
       So even though I am having a really tough time going through December without my son, December is going on anyway.  Therefore, we did do a 2010 Christmas card.  It is a beautiful card, thanks to dear Tracy who took precious pictures of the kids as they spent a fun snowy, rainy day at Gigi and Papa's.  And even though I know that I am still a part of this family, the part that I added to the equation isn't in the picture this year.  He resides in our hearts and in Heaven, but I really wish he was in our 2010 Christmas card.

Merry Christmas
~Andrew's Mom

1 comment:

  1. This one is tough, you really paint a picture Roseann. Honestly, the picture is awesome a Norman Rockwell photo... minus a very key component. So sorry for you. Andrew is in such a more perfect picture right now, but you are stuck here trudging through things like throwing out his body wash. Man, I wish I knew God's plan sometimes. So painful and yet... I trust Him and I feel that you do too. And oh how He loves us.

    ReplyDelete